This is the time of the year when people get so excited about the coming holiday seasons. You have started getting organized at the workplace and planned for sweet escapes to somewhere you have been dreaming to go to. Before you leave for the holiday, have you prepare to secure your home and business for this holiday season? You would not want to worry someone breaking-into your business premises or home when you get back! Therefore, these are security threats you need to be aware of during holiday seasons and some tips that we would love to share it with you.
Common Security threats
Crime activity happens at all time and in all areas. Shoplifting, robbery, carjacking, pickpocketing and house/business premise break-in are the common occurrence these days. These threats happened at any place whether its a shopping mall, supermarket, airport, hotel, hostels, homes, and even workplace office. What matters worst, terrorist attack in the country likely to happen during the holidays.
- When you want to travel or heading out, try not to draw attention to yourself in public. Keep it low profile.
- Plan ahead before driving through crowds and avoid congested areas. While driving in the traffic, give a gap in empty space and drive calmly. Park at safe and nearest locations.
- Avoid going places or participating that involve large gatherings, riots, demonstrations, and protests.
- Know the nearest safe spot such as a police station or fire brigade.
- Know an exit plan. There would be potential security threats in the crowd becoming violent.
- Consider preparing a plan to attend big holiday celebrations. Find out venue security layout from entry, exits, police, screening, guard or access control.
- Share information with families about the emergency situation and what to respond when occur.
- Avoid revealing your personal information at public such as phone numbers, home address, family or employees name or credit card information.
- If you suspect that you’re being harassed or followed, go to an area with a lot of people or call the police.
- Keep your doors and windows closed whether in your vehicle or premises.
- Ensure that your family or someone close aware of your plan schedule.
- Be alert with surroundings and scan suspicious behaviour such as abandoned luggage or package at the airport. Report to the authorities or leave the area immediately.
- Schedule the same routine can make you look vulnerable from the criminal attack so it is beneficial for doing something unpredictable in your daily schedule at work or homes such as shopping or hanging out time.
For business, retailers, and companies
- Check your daily inventory stock list and transaction activities especially during hectic holiday seasons.
- Avoid employee theft, by setting up more cameras and supervisor constantly monitor the sales floor.
- Hire the right people by doing a background check and provide them with training for work.
- Ensure a safe workplace environment setting for employees and guest.
- Keep away displayed decorations such as papers, wrappers, trees, gifts or cardboards from overheating sources that cause fires.
- Overload items may fall onto people that can injure employees or customers. Prevent overstocking in storage areas and manage inventory efficiently.
- Placing clear exit signs and clearing clutter area that eases people to exit during an emergency.
- Lock up company valuables such as cash, chequebooks and other assets in a secured place.
- Refuse any delivery packages from anonymous people in the workplace.
- Avoid responding to people who ask unusual questions about the business facility layout, operations, and security system.
- Be aware of fundraiser, charity drives and scammers especially during holidays. Check for credential backgrounds. They might be thieves pretending to be fundraisers in order to enter the office or premises and observe building layouts.
Last but not least, even the best security system in the world can be beaten every now and then. Be aware of these security threats and allow us to consider taking necessary precautions against unwanted intrusion and protecting the residence/ premises at all cost. Atalian Global Services offer the best safety and security services dedicated to you and managed by highly expert teams as well as supported by the latest technology security solutions. Contact us for a free consultation.